About the Company
Welcome to my site. I’m Don Petty and the owner of JournalWorx, LLC. I’ve been retired for a few
years but decided to re-enter the work force, so I am starting this business.
A little background on me: I have a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a major in
Accounting from Midwestern State University. I’ve worked as a non-certified accountant for two
publicly held companies and several private ones, performing accounting/bookkeeping duties
including the payroll function as well as periodically closing the books, preparing an adjusted trial
balance, and then preparing all three standard financial statements. My experience also includes
helping to prepare 10-Qs and 10-Ks and a prospectus for a stock offering.
My proficiencies include:
(1) the recording and management of monthly standard journal entries such as cash receipts, cash
disbursements, depreciation, current maturities of long term debt, interest expense, income and
expense accruals, etc.,
(2) I am accomplished at all payroll tasks including preparation of payroll for hourly as well as
salaried employees, payroll tax deposits, preparation of quarterly/annual state and federal payroll
tax reports (941, 940, etc.), issuance and filing of W-2s and W-3 and 1099s.
(3) I am experienced in management of accounts receivable and payable and in billing for revenue,
(4) I am competent at management of assets including recording additions, sales, retirements, and
(5) I am skilled in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements with analysis and
interpretation of significant variations from projected results, I have experience with both cash
basis and accrual basis accounting.
(6) software literate with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher) and QuickBooks
(Pro, Premier, Online)
(7) As a former assistant manager for a local Jackson Hewitt Franchise, my experience includes the
preparation of federal income tax returns for both small businesses and personal returns. I can
also assist you in determining the best form of business structure (sole proprietor, partnership, LLC,
Sub S Corp, C Corp) to minimize your tax liability.
For all the services that we offer, please refer back to the Home page button in the menu at the top
of this page. My contact details are below.
1903 Burroughs St.
Wichita Falls, TX 76309